30.3.07

Job interview experience

First official job interview.
I was very super nervous. Although i heard many stories of what to expect when i go for interview at this company, my heart couldn't stop beating..
As i was travelling there, i decided to turn to the Lord for help.. This memory verse took on a special meaning at that point...

Whenever I am afraid,
I will trust in You.
In God (I will praise His word),
In God I have put my trust;
I will not fear.
What can flesh do to me?
Psalm 56:3-4


When there was no confidence in myself, I found the confidence in God. When i feared that I would stumble and appear weak in front of the interviewers, I knew that the Lord is able to calm me that i may consider my words. When i was worried that i was not up to the standards required of the job, I realize that only God's standards were important... The Lord's Word can be so relevant all the time.. Indeed I want to praise His Word!!

Easter is approaching.. How is it going to be different this time? Doing AV for concert is quite nerve-wrecking.. Not only because of the stress of multi-tasking and mixing the voices properly, but also coz i'm not meeting the standards i set for myself.. But this is not what faith is about.. Faith is not meeting my own standards and being able to perform well 100% of the time.. But it is being able to acknowledge God's hand, helping me to refine my skills, my listening, my focus, my confidence, my reflex... I ought to thank God for every opportunity to learn to increase in my ministry... Thanks to Andrew and Jermaine and Pastor for tolerating my mistakes.. Keep learning.. keep growing!!